Wednesday, June 6, 2007

Knocked Up

Why did I not realize that "Knocked Up" is a comedy extravaganza?

I read reviews on Slate and then Lindsayism and now I want to see it. Like: Right Now. Who knew it was actually really funny? How did I miss that it was written, directed, and produced by Judd Apatow? I had just been reading everything I could find about this man who is involved with some of my most favorite things ever (Freaks and Geeks, Anchorman, 40 Year Old Virgin, Talladega Nights) and who appears to have the coolest little set of friends (including but not limited to Paul Rudd, Steve Carrell, Seth Rogan, and Will Ferrell)!

You know what I think it was? I think I confused "Knocked Up" with "License to Wed," that movie with the preview that disappoints me every time because it starts out with my boyfriend John Krasinski and Mandy Moore starring in a RomCom and then devolves into some sort of Nutty Professor-esque thing with what appears to be BABIES OF THE CLAYMATION OR ROBOT VARIETIES.

But anyway here are some fun Judd Apatow links I found when I was stalking him:

Village Voice on geek fantasies come true
Interview with Wired
Random Q&A
Fake cut of Michael Cera being fired from Knocked Up
Slate Journal

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

might i add to your list of lovely shows..."undeclared" the short lived fox comedy of college coeds. so funny!

Anonymous said...

Linda, I saw KU a few nights ago with my ol' lady. It's really, really good. You should go see it as soon as you can.

Anonymous said...

Saw this last night and it was pretty good. The geek from Freaks and Geeks who looked like Paul from the Wonder Years is in this movie but have fun trying to figure out which one it is!

Anonymous said...

Must say, I was a little worried about you when you said you hadn't realized the promise in this film. But, now that I've read your reasoning (i.e. license to wed mix-up), I have a better understanding. Saw it (KU, not license to wed) last week - some really, really good stuff in there. opening credits were a personal favorite, as was Jason Siegel's deliciously creepy, goateed character. Question that's been plagueing me - Is Katherine Heigl Mormon? I read somewhere that she wants to raise her kids Mormon b/c she "had such a great childhood growing up" ... which would lead me to believe she's Mormon?

Inga said...

Maybe her childhood involved a lot of velour track suits and breakdancing? Cuz that's fun.

I also read K.Heig was raised Mormon but scorned the church, so unsure why she'd want to go back now. Probably one of those classic bet-hedging things to make sure her kid's covered just in case.

Anonymous said...

i don't believe that the mormon church has gay advocates...of which she is one right? but track suits all the way...yes. like ben stillers boys in royal tennenbaums. little red track suits for throwing nickels.

Anonymous said...

Ah, Pascal's Wager, that old chestnut. It's a pretty crappy argument.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pascal's_Wager

That said, I met a Mor-mon at work who is a really cool guy. We worked three 17-hour days in a row and he didn't have any caffeine. He's also a DJ and plays soccer. What the hell. But still, his beliefs about the fundamental nature of the universe are perverse and insane.

Anonymous said...

Hip E I believe Mormons enjoy regular activities like soccer and music and presidential races even though they are "perverse and insane."

Mindblowing, I know.

Anonymous said...

I know, right? It just kind of blew my mind that this guy has so much in common with me but at the same time also thinks that "In 1823 Joseph had another heavenly visitation, in which an angel named Moroni told him of a sacred history written by ancient Hebrews in America, engraved in an Egyptian dialect on tablets of gold and buried in a nearby hill. Joseph was told it was the history of the ancient peoples of America, and that Joseph would be the instrument for bringing this record to the knowledge of the world. Joseph obtained these gold plates from the angel in 1827, and translated them into English by the spirit of God and the use of a sacred instrument accompanying the plates called the "Urim and Thummim."

Because that shit didn't actually happen. But he is a cool-ass dude. I'm sure there are thousands of cool, upstanding Mormons. But it's still crazy believe that stuff. It's like a paradox or something.