This morning Edith Zimmerman posted the following, and it cracked me up:
"When seeing a dog-sized animal in Prospect Park, my first thought should probably not be 'bear,' but yesterday I almost saw a bear. It was in one of those dark side areas, off the beaten path, shadowy and filled with trash. There was a rustling and then I saw this thing in the bushes. It was a giant ball of nasty grayish fur, really disgusting, and I couldn’t tell which side was its face because it was just this awful, weird rectangle. Actually my first thought was 'monster,' and then I reasoned myself down to 'bear,' and then I paid closer attention and it was just a gross dog. The end!"
Then, at lunch, my co-worker described the following awkward conversation:
Co-worker: I ate at Chaya last night.
Partner: Was it good?
Co-worker: Yeah. It was. I saw one of my old professors and he was -
Partner: You don't camp, do you?
Co-worker: What?
Partner: .....
Co-worker: .....
Partner: Because you'd be great at spotting bears.
Tuesday, June 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment