"With my Siamese, Ferdinand, I got him started by just cradling him in my arms and moving slowly about to the music. Once he began to purr I'd hold him by his front legs and let his back paws down on top of by shoes. Then as I moved, he moved in perfect time. At first he only wanted to do it for a minute, but gradually we've extended the time up to 9 minutes and now he'll dance unsupported for nearly 30 seconds." Sabina Pracht, Cologne, France
"I used a very simple technique to get my cat dancing with me. I'd lie with it on my tummy and begin stroking it slowly while playing one of the long slow tracks on the 'Dancing with Cats' album by David Parsons. Minky would purr loudly and sink her claws into my thick woolen jersey. I'd purr in time with her and then, with her still attached to my jersey I'd slowly roll onto my side and stand up halfway and lean forward so that she sort of hung by her front paws from my jersey with her back feet just touching the ground. Then, without supporting her at all, I'd sway from side to side to the music and she would just swing along until her claws couldn't take any more. Now when I put the music on she'll come running over, put her front paws up on me and sway in time with the music. It's fantastically soothing." Justine Brown, Manchester UK

"Is it just me or are you guys getting turned on?" Linda, San Francisco CA
3 comments:
Holy shit. Nice find Linda. I think those pictures are going to mysteriously find their way the desktops of unsuspecting co-workers. Waaaay better than changing the grumpy dock managers desktop to My Little Pony or Care Bears. He actually turns a shade of burgundy.
Wait a second! Did you steal this out of our bathroom??! I swear Annie and I used to have this book next to the toilet.
Yeah I gave it to you both for Christmas, maybe 2002?
You're welcome!
Post a Comment