Monday, April 16, 2007

Steve Gutenberg

Annie and I meant to "bring back The Gutenberg" in 2004. It never happened.

Then, a few weeks ago while watching a Parenthood double-header, I realized I often confuse Steve Gutenberg with Rick Moranis. Dan confuses Steve Gutenberg with Albert Brooks. Could there be too many bumbling neurotic curly haired men in film? Because I say there can never be too many.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

There can never be too many bumbling neurotic curly haired men. Period.

Anonymous said...

what we learned that year is that you can't bring the gute back, if he just doesn't want to coem back.

that same year i remember looking for videos to rent, and i saw one of him with a cat on his shoulder. i think the movie was "p.s. your cat is dead".

it must have been a classic.

Anonymous said...

that's "come" back...not coem...which according to the dictionary is "Commercial Original Equipment Manufacturer".

that's not what I meant.

Anonymous said...

I was watching Veronica Mars the other month and he showed up with a cameo on an episode. I was like "wait a minute, is that... that can't be... it is! it's The 'Gute!"

Anonymous said...

The Guter was also in some horrible movie with a dolphin...can't remember the title exactly...but I think the dolphin's name was Roxanne

Anonymous said...

Andy V..the title was Zeus and Roxanne...and i believe you had the poster on your bedroom door. As a joke I claimed that one of your b-friends was "no Steve Guttenburg." to which he took MAJOR umbrage, not realizing that my comment was more non sequitor than critique.