Monday, April 16, 2007

Now n' Laters

"My name is Melissa and I am utterly in love with Now and Laters. I am only fourteen years of age, so I don't have a childhood memory from so long ago. BUT!! I have always remembered my first taste of a Now and Later. I was 5; it was warm outside, summer time. The breeze was blowing against my face, and I was desperate for a fruity refreshment. Unfortunately the only sweet candy we had was chocolate which I pretty much despise. I asked politely to go to the store with my mother and she agreed. While we were there I searched the candy racks for goodies but none of the regular candies suited my likings. SO! I'm trotting along and there they were - my first pack of Now and Laters. From that day on I have had insane cravings for Now and Laters every day! ~ Melissa from California"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I used to buy 4-packs of these from the snack bar inside the golf clubhouse next to the La Mesa Municipal pool on those summer mornings after swimming lessons. Like most candies, banana was the worst flavor, and so it was frequently all that was left.

Anonymous said...

Me too! If memory serves, I would spend $.35/day, stretching my money by purchasing one Tootsie Roll ($.10) and one 4-pack of Now n' Laters ($.25).

You know who loves fake banana flavoring? Kristen Crofoot.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind the banana Runts but the N&Ls were too sweet.

Anonymous said...

I guess Crofoot's palate is so sophisticated that she can't handle the N&Ls...only Runts...I guess that's what NYC does to a person.

Anonymous said...

I feel like I might be guilty of having a letter posted like this somewhere. When I was about 8 or 9 years old, I typed up a letter to Wrigley's extoling the virtues of Juicy-Fruit gum. I was hoping for a lifetime supply of Juicy Fruit, which is actually a stale, tasteless chewing gum now that I look back on it, instead I received a response on Wrigley's letterhead. I remember it saying that Wrigley's thanked me for my support of their product and were glad to know that I was so satisfied. That was it. No gum, no t-shirt, nothing. I felt like I got shafted.