Monday, April 16, 2007

Get Your Bib On

A few months ago I attended a crab feed honoring the police and firepersons of the city for which I work. The feed took place in a senior center on a Saturday night in what maybe also doubled as a gymnasium? I procured a plastic cup of warm chardonnay and sat down.

Everybody at my table started unrolling their plastic utensils, and, noticing that the utensils were wrapped in a plastic bib, went ahead and just put the bibs on even though (a) there was no food in sight, and (b) the bib had a huge red lobster on it, and the lobster had its arms apart holding silverware.

While I chatted with my tablemate, apparently the master of ceremonies started calling out the names of city staff and asking them to remain standing, because I vaguely hear "Councilmember Smith...Redevelopment Director Jones," then suddenly it's "and Linda's Job!" I pop up from my chair and wave awkwardly, smoothing my huge lobster bib, realizing I'm the ONLY PERSON standing and wearing the lobster bib. Awesome.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ewwww. You would wear a bib.

Anonymous said...

Their precision FEEL not FORCE training captivates, inspires and informs the horse world to Olympic level, they are ABOVE Olympic level.

lipizzaner horse books art bronzes