Monday, April 16, 2007

American Wisdom

Today Jeff told me I have to go to The Books show on Monday because "so long as you can be there by nine you have NO EXCUSES!!! LINDA YOU MISS 100% OF THE SHOTS YOU DON'T TAKE!!! I think I saw that on a 'No Fear' shirt in high school. No, actually I owned that shirt."

There is a lot of great (and xtreme) wisdom on No Fear shirts. I searched the web and collected the best ones so you don't have to. Pull up a chair and enjoy a cup of American wisdom:
  • Get in, sit down, shut up, and hold on.
  • You must be fast cause I was haulin ass when I passed you.
  • It takes two, baby.
  • Win some wreck some.
  • Been there wrecked that.
  • Does not play well with others.
  • 2nd place is 1st loser.
  • Surfing sucks: Don't try it; you'll hate it.
  • Legal and tender.
  • Bigger the cushion better the pushin.
  • You'll be needing these [lugg nut image].
  • Drive it like you stole it.
  • Killswitch engage.
  • No scars, no scrapes, no proof.
  • He who dies with the most toys....still dies.
  • Gimme some action.
  • Boris: If a chimp can fly a spaceship...
  • Blow me.
  • Injection is nice but I'd rather be blown.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

i had a NO FEAR shirt in either 5th or 6th grade that had a big wedge of cheese on it and then underneath the big cheese wedge scrawled in a tough guy style font like the kind someone had written it with blood off their knuckles, "CARE FOR SOME CHEESE WITH THAT WHINE?" or something like that. anyway, nobody ever fucked with me when i wore it cause they knew that freckley 11 year old meant business.

Anonymous said...

it would be funny to have an 90's slogan t-shirt party. you can only go to the party if you wear one of the following:
- NO FEAR
- Big Johnson
- Big Dog (If you can't ski with the big boys, stay on the dock...you know what I'm talking about)
- hypercolor

Anonymous said...

Big Johnson? Nobody had Big Johnsons in my junior high/high school.

Anonymous said...

clearly, your school was not cool

Anonymous said...

Big Johnson? Nobody had Big Johnsons in my junior high/high school.

Technically he went to Montgomery Middle and not Emerald, but Greg Wright had a Big Johnson shirt!

I had a Stussy t-shirt too. It was cool, I felt like Vanilla Ice rollin in a 5.0 everytime I wore it. That is to say, cool as ice.

Anonymous said...

This party would rule. Sooo many free energy drinks probably. Maybe a keg of them? Guest appearance by world-class wakeboarder Steve Shasta?

Other acceptable shirt brands that would permit entry:

Redsand
Mossimo
Jimmy-Z (though the longboard imagery suggests they aren't as EXTREME as the short boarders -- maybe put them on standby in case full capacity is not achieved. Also these are kinda late 80s)

Anonymous said...

http://www.bigjohnson.com/assetts/images/allimages/sub120a.jpg

Anonymous said...

oooh! nice additions! i forgot about redsand...

remember z cavarrici? would look pretty good with a mossimo.

Anonymous said...

Linda,

From what I've heard, you knew of plenty of Big Johnsons at your middle school.
You slut.