Sunday, September 9, 2007

Work Hard, Play Hard

I've been categorizing the mens lately. Here's one more: "Men I Cannot Date Because They Use the Phrase 'Work Hard, Play Hard.'"

This phrase makes me cringe. If a dude uses it, he probably has a lucrative job moving money around, frequents lounges with ottomans and expensive cocktails, weekends in Tahoe or Napa [FN1], and is gregarious with a full calendar of group activities.

Nothing wrong with that. But Grandma Linda can't hang. She needs quiet time. Where is the introspection and thoughtfulness? Where is the private person only I can know? Plus that dude wouldn't understand my philosophy: "work easy, play easy." Or more accurately, "work hard, relax hard with wine and novels and crafts and baked goods."

[FN1: Weekend as a verb. Yuck.]

3 comments:

edith said...

"work easy, play easy." that's great. sounds like my new temporary butt tattoo

Inga said...

Edith, very interesting placement for that tattoo. Like work (it) easy, play (it) easy?

Inga said...

What am I talking about.