Wednesday, September 5, 2007
An Arkansas Thing
Courtesy of Linda's Brother: Here's an "Arkansas thing" that just happened to me. I googled for a barber shop around my office and found a place called Loy's. Called it, Loy answers and I ask how late he's open. He says, pretty slow, all drawl,"Not very late. Who is this?" I identify myself and say I'm just looking to get my hair cut. He says "Welllllllllll I'm not open very much anymore these days, getting too old you see, I'm nearin' 70 now and my knees ain't what they used to be. I am sorry about it, I'm not tryin to sound sarcastic or anything, I just can't do it. I can be open on Wednesday or Thursday or Friday mornings, so you might want to try back around then sometime. You been in here before?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Reminds me of the time that my barber actually had a stroke while cutting my hair
That's sexual harassment! Was there a happy ending?
Post a Comment