If you use this word I'm pretty sure you're weird.
Today a client kept saying "It's on the credenza....I left it on the credenza under my window....Credenza." I cringed internally each time because, just, yuck. I feel the same way about davenports.
Tuesday, May 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
funny. all the ladies at work make fun of our stereotypical manboss engineer who didn't know what a credenza was. i get the same way about "sconces."
when i used to work in SF, one of the girls there used to write monthly emails to the group, reminding us that the client statements were located on the "credenza" next to her desk. every time i would laugh about it, and i'd talk to fellow co-workers and question - who uses that word? seriously...i would never use that word. it's not a word you should ever have to use
I could have sworn I left a comment here already about how the main character of Infinite Jest is named Hal Incandenza. Also this rich kid at my high school named Arron Melvin was smart and short and both his parents were plastic surgeons. Hella rich. And he insisted that the word "scone" was pronounced "skon." I made fun of him for it all the time, and now I say "skon" about 90% of the time.
When I was a kid, my mom had a credenza in our living room, and I always wondered why the hell she called it that. Turns out she called it that because that's what that piece of furniture's called... in Italian! But since we're not Italian and don't live in Italy, can't we just call the fucking thing a sideboard?
Thrill,
Thank you for being the first person to actually say what the fuck a "credenza" is... I had no idea.
Kristen has a great sotry about how Chris Rock was speaking at Northwestern and said to the audience "What's a totally white food?" and somebody yelled out "SCONES!!!"
Funnier when she tells it and pronounces the "scones."
Goldy,
My pleasure.
wow, the sad thing is I use that word everyday; sometimes three or four times a day. Its almost as bad as the term "buffe't".
I like it pronounced boo-fit
Post a Comment