Tuesday, May 8, 2007

Cheesy Snacks

I've been veering into a dark place lately with all the talk of child molestation and drunk jews. Let's turn to something upbeat: cheesy snacks.

(5) Sun Chips Harvest Cheddar. These multigrain snacks are made from a special blend of whole wheat, corn, and other natural grains, then cooked until light and crispy. I purchase these when I get a meal deal at Subway. I prefer the Original flavor because I want to preserve the purity of the whole grain goodness, but when the blue package isn't an option I pick the orange and they're pretty darn good.

(4) Ritz Bitz Cracker Sandwiches Cheese. Smaller than your average Ritz, these tiny treats retain the flaky buttery Ritz texture we know and love while also cradling a powdery cheese filling. I remain unsure if the powdery filling has a texture of its own or if it just dissolves into one's mouth upon contact. I purchase these from my office vending machine when (3) or (1) are unavailable.

(3) Snyder's of Hanover Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Sandwiches. Snyder's instructs us to "Imagine real, tangy cheddar cheese sandwiched between two bite-size Pretzel Snaps." I say imagine the real, tangy cheddar is the same powdery texture as the Ritz Bitz but the taste is more like dark neon cheddar instead of light buttery cheddar. And instead of a pastry vibe from the Ritz Bitz you have the pretzel vibe of a Pretzel Snap. I purchase these from my office vending machine.

(2) Snyder's of Hanover Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Pieces. Snyder's says "Generous chunks of our Sourdough Hard Pretzels bursting with intense flavor combinations... like the authentic taste of our Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Pieces." Ignore the tautological rhetoric contained in Snyder's assertion that Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Pieces taste like Cheddar Cheese Pretzel Pieces. Focus instead on the bursting and the intense flavor. I eat these when I purchase them from Safeway or my corner market.*

(1) Munchies Cheese Fix. Wow I love these. The good people at Frito-Lay combined the cheese versions of four bestselling snacks: the Dorito; the Cheeto; the Rold Gold Pretzel; and the Sun Chip. Because why pick just one cheesy snack when you could have four, right? This is AMERICA for chrissakes. I purchase these pretty much all over.

*The only product rated herein that is not sold in an individual serving size.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

drunk jews are generally happy. especially when they have cheesy snacks.

Anonymous said...

How did I know that Munchies would be #1 for you. I've seen you consume many bags of Munchies.

Hmm...wonder if Frito-Lay is currently planning to make an organic version of Munchies. Because what is really important is eating organic junk food.

Anonymous said...

I picture Linda picking through the munchies bag, eating one kind of munchy at a time, thereby unsubtly changing the munchy ratio of the rest of the bag. I guess that's fine if it's an individual serving size bag. Don't get me started on the trail mix. Don't even get me started!

Inga said...

If Linda has purchased a trail mix or assorted jelly bellies or munchie mix for her own enjoyment, and she derives more of said enjoyment from eating, say, the M&Ms and buttered popcorn and pretzels first, that's the MOST UTILITARIAN AND LOGIAL way to each said snacks. Linda never did it to communal foodstuffs.

Anonymous said...

Guys, guys... it's ok now. It's been a few years; you can let that argument go.