Tuesday, January 8, 2008

To Be Real

Is this the cheesiest song ever created? I heard it on the radio several times today, and each time I just pictured giddy middle-aged women drinking champagne and cuttin loose in their Talbots without any rhythm.



What you fiiiiind, ah
(I think I love you, baby)
What you feeeeel now
(I feel I need you, baby)
What you knooooow-a
To be real

Ooooh, your love's fo-or re-e-e-eal now
You know that your love is my love
My love is your love
Our love is he-ere to stay-ay-ay-AAAAY!




Check out the couple behind Cheryl Lynn from about :30 to :45. You won't be disappointed.

9 comments:

Inga said...

Check out the couple behind Cheryl Lynn from about :30 to :45. You won't be disappointed.

Anonymous said...

in my mind, i also imagine a movie with diane keaton, wearing a skirt suit (with probably a pashmina wrapped nicely around her neck) wearing lil' white socks and sneakers, dancing down the street.

Vix said...

What are you talking about? This is one of my favourite songs ever? Have you ever seen the movie Paris is Burning? It is practically the theme song for a movie about vogueing!!!!

Vix said...

Actually, i am glad you posted it so that it reminded me to download the song

Anonymous said...

thanks. this WAS going to be my wedding song.

Inga said...

Annie, YES, as we discussed earlier the song is totally in First Wives Club. I didn't want to post a picture of that and reveal my intimate knowledge of the film, but fuck it, I'm posting a picture.

Inga said...

Also Vix, I know, the more I watched the video the more I liked it in an unironic way.

Hip E. said...

You know what song I really like? En Vogue's "My Lovin' (You're Never Gonna Get It)." Especially the part where the dude is like "and now it's time for the breakdown." That's what he's like.

Inga said...

@ Hip E: I bet En Vouge sounds pretty great.