Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First Wives Club

Annie and I had an email conversation today about the song To Be Real and the fact that it's featured in First Wives Club. Neither of us can get the middle aged triumphantly kooky women out of our heads. It's all white pashminas and skirt suits and little pedi socks with sneakers dancing around, and I'm pretty sure their hands are up like little bunny rabbits at some point (or maybe that's just my image of my mother's dancing). I wish to GOD I could find a good picture, but all I gots is this:

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My theory: Ms. Clinton. Honestly, the images of her giddiness in New Hampshire are seared in my brain.

Anonymous said...

Sometimes it annoys me that chicks are so predictably into chick flicks like Bridget Jones and First Wives Club. Then I think, I should stop being so hypocritical and get into movies like Fried Green Tomatoes, Then and Now, Big Business, and Hocus Pocus, just to buck the trend.