I've been meaning to post about her for a while, and how she's awesome, and then yesterday on Good Morning America she did this:
Oh Diane! Let's list some reasons why I love you.
Annie Hall - I love the dialogue and the wardrobe, and apparently many of your mannerisms and self-deprecating sense of humor were added into the role.
Woody Allen - Nice work, I understand the appeal my friend. I understand the appeal. And I like that you're still friends.
Clown Paintings - You collect them, and then you published an anthology of clown paintings, which I gave to my brother for Christmas a few years ago. I should give it to more people.
Father of the Bride I and II - You were married to Steve Martin, on whom I have a crush that is either wanting him to be my father or my husband, I cannot quite tell.
The First Wives Club - I'm a sucker for kooky exhuberant devil-may-care women (of a certain age).
Warren Beatty - He's beautiful. I enjoy his marriage to Annette Bening and adoration for his sister Shirley MacLaine. The man seems to love cool women.
Katharine Hepburn - I've read you admire Katharine Hepburn, whom I also admire. I like this comparison from the San Francisco Examiner: "No longer relying on that stuttering uncertainty that seeped into all her characterizations of the 1970s, she has somehow become Katharine Hepburn with a deep maternal instinct, that is, she is a fine and intelligent actress who doesn't need to be tough and edgy in order to prove her feminism."
Somethings' Gotta Give - You look good for your age, lady, and I like the age appropriate pairing with Jack Nicholson.
Style - I also enjoy smart tailoring and menswear. The San Francisco Chronicle described you as "easy to find. Look for the only woman in sight dressed in a turtleneck. On a 90-degree afternoon in Pasadena."
Elephant - You executive produced it?!? Just learned that, thanks Wikipedia.
Al Pacino - This is also news to me, but I love that you said "Al was simply the most entertaining man... To me, that's, that is the most beautiful face. I think Warren was gorgeous, very pretty, but Al's face is like whoah. Killer, killer face." Yes. Let's get a drink and discuss Javier Bardem and Clive Owen.
Blogging - You sometimes blog for The Huffington Post. Rad. Let's blog while we drink and talk about men.
Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
when i worked at MOPA, she was a special guest for an event and i had to be her wrangler and i almost lost it. i had an unknown crush on her and her wide leather belt/corset and black leather gloves in may. i'll join you for dishing with diane.
I'm not such a big fan of the Annie Hall outfits. Chicks dressed like dudes don't really do it for me. Its like a woman who gets the 12-year old boy haircut/Dorothy Hammill/The mom on Webster (Ma'am). I do not understand this.
Check out Sleeper by Woody Allen. Diane Keaton is at her hottest in that one. Plus it's funny.
Post a Comment