Saturday, January 5, 2008

Communist River Party 2007-2008

We decided to book a cabin in the Russian River Valley for New Years Eve. The Craigslist ad said "sleeps 10" and linked to a website with tons of cute 3 bedroom cabins. When we arrived Sunday, we realized it was less a bedroomed cabin than one-room trailer. It did sleep 10: it had 5 sets of bunk beds all along one wall. The other wall had part of a kitchen (without oven), a dining room table that was more like an ironing board, a couch, and a tiny tv. We all shared the bathroom, which was echo-y and the toilet clogged at one point.

Upon arrival, we called the woman and complained that we thought it had at least 3 bedrooms. She responded indignantly "But a 3-bedroom home wouldn't sleep 10 people!" and we were like "Right. Only a one-room trailer can do that."




Luckily we had plenty of liquid happiness and Cheryl was a quote factory:
  • "And she said I wasn't fulfilling my potential. Why? Because I'm dating a dirtbag who is always peeing blood?"
  • "It was like a ski-lift, or a gondola, or a ferris wheel, or a people mover. But more awesome."
  • "We still have two of our New Years dolmas left!"
  • "This song is very European."
  • "If my bladder shopped at Nordstrom, it would be in petites."
  • "I fucking love the Dead....they rock me."
  • "Look! The tree has its own mound! (hip gyration) I could never hula-hoop."
  • "I used to think my mom was smarter than me until we got that C+ when she wrote my Evita paper in college."
  • "Pee pee. That felt good."
  • "Let's pretend it's summer camp and all tell ghost stories. And switch beds. (pause) (switch to pirate voice) Yo-Ho, let's switch beds!"
  • "I got marshmallows on my gingerbread pants."

3 comments:

Magdalena said...

I would have appreciated a picture of all of you sitting cross-legged in your individual bunks. No room at the inn.

And my bladder also shops in juniors.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure where Hip E.'s bladder shops then. A doll house?

Hip E. said...

Hahaha. Keep it up, I think I'm getting Pissed Off Bladder Syndrome.