Apologies for the break.
My home internet/cable blew out last Tuesday and wasn't fixed until yesterday. It's a SUPER interesting story involving a lot of "We'll be there between 8-12 or 1-5 [and if you leave the house for just 10 minutes we won't call you we'll reschedule but not tell you for when, repeat, repeat, repeat, comedy of retarded errors]."
I take my internet intraveneously, so it was hard going cold turkey. As Magda wrote: "My internet/cable went away for like a day and a half and Month and I stared at each other, with trembling chins, wondering what we should do. We went to dinner, but when we came back, we were still lost little lambs. Turns out our neighbors, who were installing their DirecTV, accidentally unplugged our cable. I hope we never have to live through something like that again."
She's right. Nobody should have to live like that. But there are some benefits to spending a Saturday at home waiting for the cable guy without internet or television: (i) a clean-ass motherfucking apartment; (ii) watching Freaks and Geeks and remembering how good it is; (iii) reading 3 pages of Gravity's Rainbow.
Monday, October 8, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What page are you on? Has that incomprehensible thing happened yet with the wild dogs and the dominatrix? Are you reading it cold or do you have the guidebook?
I'm on page 3. Stone cold.
Post a Comment