Thursday, October 18, 2007

We are old ladies.

Leslie (text): I made some beer-battered brussel sprouts tonight.
Linda (text): Martha Stewart has nothing on you



[Time elapses. Conversation picks up in person.]


Linda: So you beer-battered your brussel sprouts? How were they?


Leslie: Good. You've been making all the brussel sprouts recently and then last night the squash, and it got me in the mood to start experimenting and trying to outdo myself.


Linda: We should make butternut squash! That was better than the acorn squash I made last night. Also, they're phallic.


Leslie: Definitely. Maybe we could compete-


Linda: YES


Leslie - by each making half of a squash.


Linda: YES


Leslie: ....


Linda: (gazing downward, serious) Maybe Sunday evening......I don't know.


Leslie: You are totally Will Ferrell in Old School right now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Can I get the recipe for the brussel sprouts? I also have a great recipe for acorn squash!