Yikes. If Kinkade is the Painter of Light, Wyland is Painter of the Seas. Growing up in San Diego with Seaport Village, I know this stuff sells and sells good. I can't believe people pay for this crap while real artists are starving. I bet Wyland doesn't fit into skinny jeans (if you know what I'm saying). But maybe I'm being too harsh. If art doesn't take something real, like a dolphin, and make it look more airbrushed and pretty, I don't know what "art" is and frankly I don't care.
Example 1: Dolphin Serenity. Two dolphins dance in an ancient ritual that has occurred for millions of years throughout all the oceans of the world. "I tried to capture that special moment from a rare fish eye view that will inspire all of us to protect their water home."

Example 2: Dolphin Synchronicity. “Dolphins are extremely social,” Wyland says. “They eat together, breathe together, swim together. Part of this is for their protection, but after watching them over the last twenty-five years I have to conclude that they actually seem to enjoy each other’s company.” In his new bronze sculpture, “Dolphin Synchronicity,” Wyland shows a trio of dolphins doing what they do best — rushing through the sea with a series of acrobatic leaps. [Eds note: Looks a little sexier than plain acrobatics to me].

Example 3: Dolphin Days. Oahu’s North Shore is home to Pacific bottlenose dolphins, green sea turtles and many colorful reef fish. As the sun sets off Keana Point and day turns into night the extreme beauty of this island paradise comes alive.

2 comments:
aren't some of those orcas? dolphins are sexy. wyland's bringing sexy back.
by popular demand (you), i blogged about cheney and obama (:
Post a Comment