Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Great Glam

This always comes up when I sign out of MySpace.

I started a snarky post along the lines of "Glamour, really? Doesn't glamour mean luxury or elegance?" But glamour is defined by M-W as (1) a magic spell, or (2) an exciting and often illusory and romantic attractiveness. Bullshit! M-W is wrong. There's an element of luxury and elegance goddamnit. Ghetto and slutty are only glamorous if you're Lil' Kim or something.

7 comments:

Magdalena said...

I don't think I've logged out of anything since like 2005.

Anonymous said...

There are identity thief goblins in your computer, rubbing their greedy little hands together, waiting for you. My mother told me that. It's science.

Magdalena said...

You can't argue with science, but closing your internet browser also signs you out of Myspace, for example. Also, I trust the internets know when to protect me. I.e., I have to actually try to remember my passwords for Bluefly (where credit card numbers are stored) but let gmail stay logged in for weeks (where only stupid emails about my hair are stored).

Anonymous said...

I put a glamor on you, because you're mine.

-CCR, c. 1680

Magdalena said...

Blog, damn you, blog! Preferably about greasy meats and whiskey.

Andrew said...

I second the Evil Queen... Work is slow and I am bored...

Anonymous said...

Linda, I know you have some good pics from Halloween or something. Throw us a bone! Don't become the next RBlog!

(Hi Rebecca)