Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My sleeping and waking habits.

The last two mornings I've woken up to random songs in my head. Yesterday was Elton John's "Rocket Man." Today was Dire Straits' "Walk of Life." I'm embarrassed these are the tunes playing in my subconscious brain.

I also have boring generic dreams lately, and it's like, hey brain!, when you have no limits can you maybe think of some cool shit to do? None of this "And then my boss closed my office door and sternly told me to stop using the internet so much." I mean at least make the boss not really my boss, you know?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I've also randomly had Walk of Life in my head in the last couple days. Last night my dream involved me being about to leave work when my boss found me and was like "I have to show you something" having to do with work. By this time it was dark and we were riding motocross bikes. We got to an extremely steep hill/road thing that was basically impassable. I got off the bike and took off my mountain biking shoes (in real life I don't have mountain biking shoes), so then I couldn't really move around very effectively in the dark on this really bad terrain. I was at the top of this hill and then all these huge brown dogs started running around. I like dogs so I wasn't too scared of them but my boss had taken off by this point and i was barefoot so I couldn't really do anything. The dogs were extremely athletic bounding up the hill and jumping off of it and running right past me. I got a little nervous because I didn't know if they were cool dogs or if they were like wild and were going to attack me. The end.

Inga said...

So catchy!!!

Here comes Johnny singing oldies, goldies
Be-Bop-A-Lua, Baby What I Say
Here comes Johnny singing I Gotta Woman
Down in the tunnels, trying to make it pay
He got the action, he got the motion
Yeah, the boy can play
Dedication devotion
Turning all the night time into the day

He do the song about the sweet lovin' woman
He do the song about the knife
He do the walk, he do the walk of life

Turd Ferguson said...

Rocket Man is a good song.