Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My day: Three miscellaneous quotes and one thought.

(1) Mom's Corner: "We're having humidity today and perhaps the temps in the mid 90's...YUCKEROO! I already did a walk with Maggie, hosed off the patio tables, watered potted plants in/out, vacuumed our bedroom/bath and t.v. room, and am now eating breakfast!"

(2) Karate Advertisement on Caesar Chavez: "Belliso Karate School: A Nice Place For a Child to Become Special."

(3) Diff'rent Strokes: (overheard as a compliment between two secretaries) "Your haircut looks nice...like a First Lady."

(4) Sushi: I had lunch with a client today who was all "Hey let's get sushi. By the way I've been kicked out of all-you-can-eat sushi buffets....twice!" He made me eat so much stuff that I spent all afternoon distracted by being stuffed. This is not interesting. What is interesting is that being stuffed by raw fish is way less uncomfortable [FN1] than being stuffed with something like a burrito or pasta.

[FN1]: I see the double negative and I find it appropriate here because it was not positively comfortable.

No comments: