skip to main |
skip to sidebar
Punky Brewster Spider
In Fayetteville over Halloween, I watched several Roseanne Halloween specials. Them's good times. I like a woman who both sasses and scares her children. This triggered Karl's memory of that Punky Brewster episode with the huge creepy spider. Do you remember that?!? What the hell was that all about? I think it had something to do with Indian spirits and cave exploration and then a huge spider pops out. Totally gave me nightmares.
Other things that bothered young Linda include:
- Thriller
- Return to Oz
- Scooby Doo
- Amazing Stories
- Clue
- Howard the Duck
- Dean Koontz
- Bloody Mary
- Poltergeist III (This one stuck with me. I cannot be near a mirror at night.)
3 comments:
Yes! I remember the weird turn that PB took one season. It was Indian spirits and a cave. Or something. But was old Henry with them? He seems too decrepit to be spelunking in caves.
The episode where they were playing hide and seek and Cherie unwisely chose to hide in an old refrigerator is one I remember fondly. Apparently you can't push the door open from the inside? We all learned an important lesson about CPR that day.
Also: Stephen King's IT.
The Wheelers from Return to Oz were the absolute WORST--those freaky suckers still creep me out
Wheelers were SO scary. And that woman with all the heads!
There is a Dean Koontz book (The Watchers?) with something similar, some kind of animal that darted around in the shadows.
Post a Comment