Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Five Degrees of Maya Rudolph

I have the --how you say?-- concentration problems at work. Today was pretty bad though.

(1) I read an interview with Paul Thomas Anderson about No Country for Old Men. I realized he was married to Maya Rudloph. Or was it Milla Jovovich?

(2) I researched Paul Thomas Anderson and confirmed he was married to Maya Rudolph. But then who was married to Milla Jovovich?

(3) Milla Jovovich is married to Paul W.S. Anderson, also a director, but not to be confused with Paul Thomas Anderson. I think I would rather be married to Paul Thomas Anderson. He dated Fiona Apple for several years apparently, I'm not super into that, I wonder what Maya thinks about it. She's so funny and awesome though, she's got nothing to worry about. Plus they had that baby together...

(4) I once read an article about Maya Rudolph in which somebody said "Hey congratulations on your new baby Pearl" and Maya responded "Thanks! She's a classy lady." I loved that. Which reminds me of that old BUST interview by Maya Rudloph of Amy Sedaris...

(5) I dug up the old BUST April/May 2005 issue (yeah I have it, what?) and sure enough, there's a lot of "lady" jokes. Can't get enough of that word. Here is one particularly amusing exchange

Maya: It's true. I think you're a real lady. You're a very poised, charming lady.

Amy: Like you said, you don't see yourself that way. You're trying to be a lady, you're trying to be their idea of it and when you meet a real one, you're like "Wow, I wonder where she's going."

Maya: Exactly.

Amy: She's going to a lady meeting! [Sings] "Who's that lady? Who's that la-dy." That would be cute though, your version of girls.

Maya: When I'm 80, that will be my show.

Amy: Girls, Girls, Girls! One, please!

Maya: I hope you'll be there.

Amy: I'll probably be dressing you in the back or selling cupcakes in the lobby.

Maya: Please do. I would be honored.

No comments: