Sunday, December 2, 2007

Shimmy

When I hear the word "shimmy" I'm both entertained and grossed out. So when I saw this picture and caption last week I stared at it for several minutes of delighted squirming.

75-year-old tap-dancer shimmies his way across Golden Gate Bridge. Michael Grbich enjoyed his 1.7-mile dance across the Golden Gate Bridge, even bringing his own music and jump rope. The Oakland resident celebrated his 75th birthday Sunday, Nov. 18, 2007, by tap dancing across the Golden Gate Bridge and was joined by relatives and friends as he danced across the foggy span.

PS: I love the portable iPod deck in the upper right corner, very Darjeeling Limited.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I remember shimmy-ing my way across the golden gate with you and andy once...the wind whipping through our hair. a good time. too bad we didn't have a boom box. or tap shoes.

Anonymous said...

p.s. is that a friar in the background?

Inga said...

Ohhh nice memory. Did Ace do her gross white trash disjointed hip walk? I think Yes.

Inga said...

Celebrating 75 TRIPS around the SUN.