Thursday, December 27, 2007

Adventures in Cell Phones

Part I

I received a text from an unknown number on Christmas. It was a DC area code and I only know a few people there. What follows is a fascinating play-by-play account of my text interaction with the stranger.

Unknown: Merry Christmas! Hope yours is filled with love and abundance.

Linda: Who sent me that Christmas text about abundance? I don't know the number. Sophia?

Unknown: Marissa!

Linda: Oh, sorry! You sounded like my more hippie friend with the abundance stuff. How are you?!?

Part II

The mystery Christmas texter reminded me of a text I received a few months back with a Silicon Valley area code. Observe:

Unknown: I am texting anonymously because this could be embarrassing. There is something about you everybody notices except you. Do you want to know what it is?

Linda: (Kinda freaking out) Okay....I'll bite. What?

Unknown: (Never responded)

No comments: