(1) Senatorial Cleavage. I read she'd flaunted some cleavage on the Senate floor last week. The pictures aren't sexual at all, but they do show her rocking a hot pink jacket with a black camisole and - yes - a bit of cleavage. My initial response was "Wow she's wearing that and still looks badass and professional. Should I consider pink at work?" It made her look human and warm and like a regular woman. You go Hill.
(2) Youthful Overanalysis. Some old high school friend of Hillary's recently provided the New York Times with letters from their early-college pen pal days. She seems so bright and zesty in these letters. She also has a wry observational tone that makes me want to go get drunk and talk about Life and Changing The World with young H.Dawg. Some snippets include:
“Sunday was lethargic from the beginning as I wallowed in a morass of general and specific dislike and pity for most people but me especially."
“Can you be a misanthrope and still love or enjoy some individuals? How about a compassionate misanthrope?”
“Are you satisfied with the part you have cast yourself in? It seems that you have decided to become a reactor rather than actor — everything around will determine your life.”
“God, I feel so divorced from Park Ridge, parents, home, the entire unreality of middle class America. This all sounds so predictable, but it’s true.”
“I’d play out in the patch of sunlight that broke the density of the elms in front of our house and pretend there were heavenly movie cameras watching my every move. I yearn for all the excitement and discoveries of life without losing the little girl in the sunlight. You’ll probably think I’m retreating from the world back to the sunlight in an attempt to dream my child’s movie."

1 comment:
she wore a bright pink, leopard print design blazer during the last (you tube public question) debates. edwards made fun of it, but obama defended it. it is hard not loving the clintons while in fayetteville. i am excited about her.
Post a Comment