Monday, July 16, 2007

iDollators

You know Real Dolls? Those silicone dolls men have sex with when they're not playing Magic: The Gathering or eating their scabs or whatever?



Well the whole concept of them just changed for me from chuckle- and mock-worthy into just sad and uncomfortable. A new British documentary Guys and Dolls explores iDollators and their relationships with their ladies. Argh!, I can't embed it, but this is the link from Jezebel and here are some choice quotes:

"I'm currently living with my parents. I think what my father finds really difficult about my relationship with SheShawn is that she's not "alive," you know, she's not a "human being." Sometimes the best times with her are when we're not having sex, but just lying next to her and appreciating her, especially in the really early daylight, with her regarding me and me doing the same back."

"Maybe I'll have 'em buried with me. Get an oversized coffin. We can all turn to dust together."

"Certain people benefit from these dolls, the way some people benefit from insoles in their shoes."

"Sometimes I wake up at 3:00 am with a raging hard-on. I can just go in the garage, get a doll, and go at it. You can't do that with a real woman. She's a person, she has a mind, you have to ask.....and she has a right to say no."

"Sometimes I make a point to date organic women but there are many variables. I like constants."

"As good as the sex is with 'em, the peace of mind is even better."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amen! Piece of mind is important.

Anonymous said...

The amazingly insightful show "Real Sex" on HBO just did a segment on male dolls. They showed three girls that really enjoyed trying them out. They even have ones that shoot their magic stuff. Disgusting!

RB said...

I had no idea this existed. I think I just lost some small bit of innocence. Thanks, Linda. Thanks a lot.

RB said...

Seems similar to having sex with dead people. Icky.

Anonymous said...

Has anybody ever seen that movie "Mannequin"?

Anonymous said...

I think that's so interesting, yet so WEIRD! I guess people have different preferences. I don't think I or my boyfriend need a doll when we have each other. I just think that real sex is very meaningful. Having sex with a doll is like having sex with a corpse. It's a bit...disturbing to think about.

Chelsea (SinkingPenguin) said...

I want a man that would wake up in the middle of the night and want to do me. That would be sexy. But I can see why some men would want a doll, cause most women are boring! But it is kinda like having sex with a corpse.......uck.