Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Hot Karl: So hot right now.

Linda's brother Hot Karl is having the best summer ever.

First he married a
rocking chick. (Hey thanks for the rad sister-in-law by the way). Then, he went on a neat honeymoon in St. Lucia. Then, he scored a very cool urban planning dream job in Fayetteville, Arkansas. Finally, he JOINED A SCOOTER CLUB.

He wrote: I met with a local scooter club tonight for a ride and hangout session. They're a month old. They meet at this coffee shop at 7 pm and then go for a ride around town, hitting all the main roads and popular hangout places for maybe a 15-mile ride, honking and pissing off traffic with our convoy all the way. It ends at this cheesy sports bar/pizzeria called HOG WILD where everyone hangs out and talks about the scootin' life. There were 27 people tonight, including a local TV weatherguy, the Heisman candidate star runningback for the Razorbacks, and for some reason a few old gay Navy guys. Soooo fun, I will join again next week.

I wrote: Your life is like totally and completely awesome this summer, huh? I'm glad. I also request a good scootin' when I visit.

He wrote: And yes life is super this summer...You can scoot around on that thing all you want. I was one of maybe four mopeds in the group. Mopeds are way better than scooters by the way. Scooters don't have any badass rap groups from Chicago rappin about how much they rule, for instance:

6 comments:

amityb said...

Wow Linda, after that entry and accompanying rap music video, I must have a moped. Stat. And a million dollar t-shirt..heck yes that shirt looked like it was worth a million dollars!

Anonymous said...

That is a great song. And it makes me want to have a moped in chicago. Can you ride a motorcycle in a scooter gang though? They probably make you ride in back and wear clown shoes or something.

Load said...

Why is a rapper wearing a Misfits shirt?

/I aint no god damn son of a bitch/
/You better think about it baby/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4FocwGqBUU

Andrew said...

Karl is rolling around Fayetteville, Arkansas with Darren McFadden on Mopeds? Are you kidding me?

He has found his own slice of heaven on Earth.

Inga said...

Freudian moment: I just read "Bobby McFerrin" (MY heaven on earth)

Anonymous said...

D-Mac wasn't there last week, but I'm hoping he shows up next week so twenty years from now I can say I scooted with the NFL's highest-paid running back. Last summer, at the start of preseason, I was taking a walk up on a neighboring hill and he and some buddies of his came around this turn too fast and one of them ran into a log fence. They were all keeled over in laughter.